Oh no, I almost forgot to post my St Patrick’s Day post on actual St Paddy’s Day! Better make it quick. No math or prices, just yummy Jameson and Chocolate Stout and, you know, a couple of fruits and vegetables (for color!). [Okay, so WordPress is claiming it’s the 18th, but it’s still the 17th my time! Harrumph]
This recipe was inspired by two recipes by Angela Liddon.
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
Handful of fresh mint leaves
2 of handfuls spinach
2 small avocados (or 1 large)
3 large bananas
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
pinch of salt
- Brew a strong cup of coffee or espresso
- While it’s still hot, blend it with the sugar. Then let cool in the fridge.
- Once cool, blend with the rest of the ingredients
- Pour into ice cream maker until the texture resembles that of soft serve (24-35 minutes)
*It took mine a full 35 minutes, but it was also a record breaking 90 degrees, so that could have slowed my freezing process
- Either eat as soft serve, or let freeze for several hours, until solid
- Preferred method of consumption is in a glass, covered by some chocolate stout (fish bladder free, preferably).